Some additional data: this morning I successfully imported the DDR for one
solution. Then I tried to import a DDR for a different solution and got the
reported error -- through repeated attempts. After posting here I went back
and tried to import the first DDR again, and this time the very same DDR
files imported successfully an hour ago are now giving the error and the
analysis has to be canceled.
No it is not. I just went to my MacBook Pro and tried the import there and
I am also getting the error. I did import successfully earlier this
morning, on the iMac, but now even importing the very same DDR fails. Right
now I am reinstalling IP to see if a fresh copy will import successfully.
After dropping a fresh copy from the installer image into my Applications,
now I get an error "The primary file Inspector Pro" cannot be found and is
required for this application" when I try to launch IP. Again, I am having
this problem on two different Macs.
OK unfortunately I am still having the same problem, so removing the IP7
plug-in was not the answer. I imported one large DDR successfully, then
moved to import a smaller one, which failed right away with the "file not
found" error. At this point I am just going to switch to IP7 since getting
used to its newness will be easier than trying to figure 6.5 out, and I
will need to make that transition eventually anyway.
on 31 Oct, 2019 05:46 PM
I just imported the very same DDR into IP7 without incident so I doubt
there is anything wrong with the XML... I have also created DDRs from that
solution multiple times. The problem I am having with 6.5 is really weird,
and recent, and apparently you haven't seen it before, so tracking it down
could take quite some time. I'll just make the leap to IP7 and let you know
if I run into the problem there. Thank you ... a wonderful and
indispensable tool. I have to be AFK for bit now. :)