A question about "Database Missing"

BrentBollmeier

29 Dec, 2016 03:59 PM

If this is a "newbie question", please forgive me.

In analyzing my FM file, I'm getting the Problem triangle icon next to a number of my File References. The problem listed is "database missing". However, the listed file reference does point to a valid file, and is being used in a script which is called by a button on a layout.

What exactly is it saying is missing?

Thanks very much. If this is a "need more training" thing, please don't hesitate to let me know.

1. 1 Posted by BrentBollmeier on 29 Dec, 2016 04:04 PM

Windows 7, FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced , InspectorPro 6 build 89

Thanks,

Brent

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Vince Menanno on 30 Dec, 2016 11:38 AM

Brent,

In some previous exchange you sent me some files.

One of the summary files had the following associated files.

<File link=".//CCCalAppts_fmp12.xml" name="CCCalAppts.fmp12" path="Z-FM2.local">
    <File link=".//CCCalSettings_fmp12.xml" name="CCCalSettings.fmp12" path="Z-FM2.local">
    <File link=".//CCCalendar_fmp12.xml" name="CCCalendar.fmp12" path="Z-FM2.local">

Then in a separate summary file I had the following.

<File link=".//CCCalAppts_fmp12.xml" name="CCCalAppts.fmp12" path="Z-FM2.local">
    <File link=".//CCCalendar_fmp12.xml" name="CCCalendar.fmp12" path="Z-FM2.local">
    <File link=".//Shop Time Log (Madison) _fmp12.xml" name="Shop Time Log (Madison) .fmp12" path="Z-FM2.local”>

Maybe there are references to "Shop Time Log (Madison).fmp12” file and it isn’t open when you run it, and thus you get an error.

I just had a look… again and there are 270 file references in among 2 files. Is that correct… was this a converted solution from the days of pre 7?

Vince

3. 3 Posted by BrentBollmeier on 30 Dec, 2016 04:18 PM

So, a little bit of a learning curve on my end… yes, that’s what’s going on I think. This came from our app’s main menu file, which calls other files based on clicks. So I generated a DDL with our 26 different files open and selected. When I import this into InspectorPro, I get 0s for all of my counts. (image attached)

Is there a log file that InspectorPro creates when you import a DDL file?

[cid:[email blocked]]

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Vince Menanno on 30 Dec, 2016 06:17 PM

Brent,

Can you send me all the DDR files that you have generated.

Thanks

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Vince Menanno on 02 Jan, 2017 10:19 PM

Brent,

This might be problems here.

1 - FileMaker might be generating malformed XML
    2 - There might be some print commands that are really large and on the windows side it is chocking on the parsing.

Can you send me all the files DDR files you can generate for the entire system.

Thank

Vince

6. 6 Posted by BrentBollmeier on 03 Jan, 2017 04:35 PM

Hi,

I generally have everything working as it should. I still get the attached error upon completion, but it still gives me results and is more of an annoyance than a real problem (I’ve attached the files anyway.) The file that was causing the problem wasn’t part of the system I’m analyzing, so that resolved itself.

Thanks,

Brent

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Vince Menanno on 03 Jan, 2017 04:45 PM

Importing this now and taking look.

Vince

8. 8 Posted by BrentBollmeier on 06 Jan, 2017 04:33 PM

Hi Vince,

I’m afraid I have some bad news… the “ErrorReport.txt could not be found” error wasn’t as harmless as I first thought. I’ve attached a couple of DDL files – when I import them (FileMakerPro 15 Advanced, InspectorPro 6 build 89), I get the error and then no results. So my fear is that when I did a larger DDL import of my entire set of FM files that I didn’t get complete results.

Thanks,

Brent

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Vince Menanno on 06 Jan, 2017 05:51 PM

These files are not the correct pair.

IN the summary file the file is with spaces, but the file provided is with underscores

These files work

Vince

10. 10 Posted by BrentBollmeier on 06 Jan, 2017 06:00 PM

In the fmp12 file there is a space before the period, but in my copy of summary.xml, the filenames match. Perhaps I’m not understanding what you mean?

Thanks,

Brent

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Vince Menanno on 06 Jan, 2017 10:35 PM

Brent,

Did you try to import the files I sent you?

Vince

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by Vince Menanno on 06 Jan, 2017 11:01 PM

Brent

Did you try the files I sent you?

Vince

13. 13 Posted by BrentBollmeier on 09 Jan, 2017 05:22 PM

Vince, this is where I am with this. After I had sent the message that the iTunes Budget files you sent me also failed, I did some tinkering around with the name of the file and its XML tag in the summary file, and got it to run.

However, to my bewilderment, I’m now unable to get the original files you sent me to fail. I’ve even gone so far as to re-download them from the message board and save them into a different folder on my drive, but I can no longer replicate the error with those files.

Also, now when I run my set of 52 database DDLs into InspectorPro, the process fails at a much earlier point, and I get no results. It’s baffling.

Brent Bollmeier
    Bollmeier Crane & Lift

Disclaimer: The information contained in this e-mail, and attached documents, may be confidential information. The information is intended only for use by the designated recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message from your system.

14. Support Staff 14 Posted by Vince Menanno on 09 Jan, 2017 05:31 PM

Brent,

The large group probably has some large elements and there is a discrepancy in our code for mac and windows where on the mac it knows how to deal with large elements and on windows it throws an error.

Can you send me a link to download those files again. It might also be that FileMaker is generating malformed XML in your files and until you address those areas it will continue to generate the malformed xml.

Vince

15. 15 Posted by BrentBollmeier on 09 Jan, 2017 06:41 PM

Vince,

The DDLs are attached.

Brent

16. 16 Posted by BrentBollmeier on 09 Jan, 2017 08:42 PM

Hi – yes, I get a similar result with these files.

Brent

17. 17 Posted by BrentBollmeier on 12 Jan, 2017 04:14 PM

Vince,

Yesterday I changed all of the .fmp12 filenames. I replaced blank spaces with underscores and truncated the filenames to 20 characters. I then re-linked all of the external sources and generated new DDL, but got the same result in Inspector Pro.

One thing I did notice, though, was that when I look at the DDL XML in Notepad++, I get a message saying “The XML is labelled UTF-16 but contains UTF-8 content”. Is that causing an issue?

Thanks,

Brent

18. BrentBollmeier closed this discussion on 31 Jul, 2017 06:16 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

08 Dec, 2019 05:57 PM
05 Dec, 2019 04:23 PM
20 Nov, 2019 06:16 PM