Your Access Privileges Do Not Allow You to Perform this Action

Dennis Chretien

27 Jul, 2015 02:00 PM

Hi,

I just installed Inspector Pro 5 and imported a DDR. During the process, I received three or four dialogs with the message, "Your access privileges do you allow you to perform this action." After clearing each of them, everything else seemed to proceed without problem, but I don't know what might not have happened that should have, and what information might be missing from my analysis.

--Dennis Chretien

1. 1 Posted by Michael Layne on 27 Jul, 2015 02:04 PM

I just experienced the same thing. Same concern. I have yet to be able to see a completed import/analysis complete, but I'm still waiting. I only know there is another window open presumedly doing something (.analysis.new ••).

I seem to recall more user feedback during this process is past versions, but maybe not.

Thanks.

Michael

2. 2 Posted by Dennis R. Chret... on 27 Jul, 2015 02:15 PM

Hi Michal,

My import completed (despite the dialogs), and there was no other window open afterwards. I did see the import progress bars, as with older versions. I’m just not sure if something may be missing because steps could not be completed.

—Dennis

3. 3 Posted by Greg on 27 Jul, 2015 04:13 PM

I too just installed version 5 and have a "ton" of these error messages in one section of the import "Your access privileges do not allow you to perform this action". Sounds like a bug that Vince can look into.

Greg

4. 4 Posted by tonya_m on 28 Jul, 2015 12:32 AM

Hi Greg, Dennis and Michael -

This is a known issue (the access privileges notification) that is annoying but still results in the analysis being correct. It has been corrected in version 5.5, which will be available ASAP.

Michael - Did your import every complete successfully?

Tonya

5. 5 Posted by Greg on 28 Jul, 2015 02:43 AM

Hi Tonya

My 2 issues are getting the access privileges error 50 times (really) and having the system show field and script errors when there are none. For Example, GetASNUMBER(ABC) >= GETASNUMBER (XYZ) both are numbers, or scripts that are commented out.

Thanks
    Greg

Greg Mainis
    Santa Cruz: (831) 475-4580
    Fresno: (262) 726-1101
    Fax: (831) 785-2950
    Email: [email blocked]

simple solutions to complex problems

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*** This e-mail is the property of Simplified Software and M&M Investments and may contain restricted and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, forwarding distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message. Thank you.

6. 6 Posted by tonya_m on 28 Jul, 2015 03:25 AM

Thank you for sending this to me. I will look into so I have some info for our call tomorrow at 9 am.

7. 7 Posted by tonya_m on 28 Jul, 2015 03:30 AM

Also, can you please send me your DDRs, identify what InspectorPro version you're using (build number) and your OS version. I want to look into those as possibilities as well.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Vince Menanno on 28 Jul, 2015 05:47 PM

Greg,

The privilege error is fixed in the next update should be out very shortly.

That update also includes support for native 14 features.

As for the errors - can you send me a sample of the DDR so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

Vince

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Vince Menanno on 28 Jul, 2015 05:50 PM

Dennis,

The permission thing is fixed in the 5.5 version. Should be done this week.

Are you having any other problems? Or finding things that are problems?

Let me know and we’ll see how we can fix that.

Is there a way that you can send me your DDR and what things in particular you are having trouble with.

Thanks

Vince

10. 10 Posted by Dennis R. Chret... on 28 Jul, 2015 07:18 PM

Hi Vince,

I haven’t had any problems other than the permission thing. If I find anything, I’ll let you know. My only concern was that something might not have been imported, due to the permission problem, or that something might not have been reported correctly, due to it. I’ll be waiting for 5.5.

Thanks.

—Dennis

11. tonya_m closed this discussion on 31 Jul, 2015 09:03 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac